Highly unique opportunity to join the iconic Mushroom Group as the Head of Commercial Finance – Live.
- Influential Senior Finance role within an iconic Australian business
- Amazing working culture perfect for those passionate about the music industry
- Based in South Melbourne with WFH flexibility
About Mushroom Group
Established in 1973, Mushroom is Australia’s largest and most successful independent music and entertainment group. A family-oriented company, Mushroom is called home by almost 200 of Australia and New Zealand’s most experienced, creative, and passionate people; and we work closely with thousands of artists and organisations worldwide – year in, year out. These are just some of the reasons that make us Australia’s leading independent music and entertainment family.
Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, the Head of Commercial Finance – Live is responsible for all commercial management and planning requirements of the Touring, Merchandise and Representation divisions of the Mushroom Group. Managing a small team of accountants and finance admin support, the role is responsible for building event budgets, preparation and reporting of event and business results in addition to assisting managers in identifying the key performance drivers of their business.
Other Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation and reporting of monthly management results
- Analyse budget performance and identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost reductions
- Management of insurance and foreign resident artist withholding requirements and reporting
- Creation of dashboards to monitor the business’ performance
- Monitor and report on cash flow
- Manage a small team
- Provide leadership and guidance to the wider finance team
You are CA/CPA qualified with a strong track record at a senior level in driving financial performance, ensuring strong controls as well as efficient processes in a fast paced and complex environment. You will have an ability to balance your detail-driven personality with the capacity to understand the bigger picture and crucially, you have proven experience managing complex and high-level stakeholder relationships. You also have proven experience leading a small team.
If you have all the skills and experience that we are looking for, and this sounds like a great opportunity for your next role – we would love to hear from you. Please send through a resume and cover letter telling us about you and what it is about this role that excites you!