Freelance Contract • York Street, South Melbourne
Here at the Mushroom Group, we believe in independent thinking to create an exciting and progressive community for our artists, partners and colleagues.
Mushroom Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest independent music and entertainment group operating from Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland. Founded by Michael Gudinski and now run by his son Matt, Mushroom has been synonymous in the music and entertainment industry for 50 years.
With over 20 companies under the Group umbrella, Mushroom is a family-orientated company, and that family includes our artists, staff and partners. Mushroom is called home by more than 200 of Australia and New Zealand’s most experienced, creative and passionate people; and we work closely with thousands of artists and organisations worldwide – year in, year out.
Due to increased volume, we are looking for a WordPress Developer (min 3+ years’ experience) to work as a Freelance Contractor to help us develop new and on-going multiple WordPress websites across The Mushroom Group. Our studios are based in York Street South Melbourne and some on-site work will be required.
The projects will be a combination of long-term company websites and short-lived campaign websites, and we are happy for this work to be completed alongside other projects / work.
Key responsibilities will be
- Create new websites and/or upgrades using pre-built or customised WordPress themes and plugins.
- Maintain existing WordPress websites for content updates.
- Build campaign landing pages and websites using provided designs and/or existing style guides.
- Brief, scope and schedule work requests and communicate workflow with stakeholders.
- Provide technical support and help to website content managers.
- Scope, budget and quote website projects where required
Skills and experience that we are looking for are:
- Ability to create WordPress websites from scratch
- Take over existing code for future upgrades and maintenance
- Make technical decisions that may impact user experience for very high traffic websites (up to 50K concurrent vists)
- Work with non-technical and non-digital people to make website decisions
- Develop websites / web pages from verbal briefs
- Consistently meet tight deadlines on budget
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Make front end and back end developer decisions from provided briefs and designs
- Work autonomously and collaboratively where required
- WordPress – front end and back end
- Custom WordPress plugin development
- Custom WordPress theme development
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Basic HTML – for EDMs, Email Signatures
- Adobe Photoshop
Secondary Tech Skills
- js basics
- PHP (Native)
- Digital Design: Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator
- WP Engine
- Amazon Web Services
As stated above, this is a Freelance role – not a permanent position. You will need to have your own ABN and be happy to work on ad hoc projects as required. We are looking for someone who is interested in forming a longer term relationship to work with us. If you would like to express interest for this opportunity, please send us a resume and cover letter (including a link to your portfolio).
WordPress Developer – Freelance Contract
Bolstered by a loyal, diverse team of experienced and innovative creatives, the iconic Mushroom Group has been a leader within the global music and entertainment community since its inception in the early ‘70s. From a distinguished past to a cutting-edge present, the future is bright at Mushroom.
Mushroom Group acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.