Full Time, Permanent • York Street, South Melbourne
Here at the Mushroom Group, we believe in independent thinking to create an exciting and progressive community for our artists, partners and colleagues.
TOUR ACCOUNTANT – LIVE
About Mushroom Group
Established in 1973, Mushroom is Australia’s largest and most successful independent music and entertainment group. A family-oriented company, Mushroom is called home by almost 200 of Australia and New Zealand’s most experienced, creative, and passionate people; and we work closely with thousands of artists and organisations worldwide – year in, year out. These are just some of the reasons that make us Australia’s leading independent music and entertainment family.
Reporting into the Commercial Manager – Live & Bookings, the Tour Accountant – Live is responsible for providing support to the promoters for their events which range from club shows and theatres to multi-date arena tours and outdoor events throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Working directly with promoters, the tour operations team and wider Mushroom Group Finance team through all stages of the budgeting, forecasting and settlement process (inc preparation of tour budgets, contract reviews, foreign currency conversions, float requirements) – through to settling with the artists at the conclusion of the tour.
Given the nature of the role, strong interpersonal skills are required to work effectively with the various stakeholder groups and there may be some requirement for travel across Australia and NZ from time to time.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of tour budgets to capture all revenue and costs
- Provision of monthly forecast updates on individual tours which capture the latest known changes to routing, venues, and deals.
- Preparation of full tour profit/loss settlement, including end of tour artist payments – with input from all divisions of the business to ensure accurate capture of costs
- Providing tour accounting support and advice to the promoters and tour operations team and responding to their queries in a timely manner.
- Liaising with Promoters, Commercial Manager, Tour Operations and artist representatives to ensure withholding tax requirements in both Australia and New Zealand are well communicated to all parties ahead of tours and to ensure tax obligations are met
- Preparing and collating withholding summaries for both Australian and New Zealand (where relevant) and providing to Artist representatives once settlements are finalised
- Reconciling supplier invoices and road floats provided by Tour Managers, seeking approval to pay and providing coding for inclusion in settlements
- Raising and provision of invoices to venues and ticket agencies for all ticket, bar and other event revenues.
- Liaising with the Shared Services team on behalf of the Promoters and Tour Operations to follow up on payment queries and remittance advice
- Collating supporting documentation for settlement audit requests from artist management and/or accountants
- Tracking promoter income streams that fall outside of settlement reporting on a weekly basis to ensure comprehensive collection of funds from tickets agents and venues
- Providing Commercial Finance Team with summary of tour settlements on a monthly basis to inform accruals and deferrals required for month-end
- Assist the Commercial Manager with preparation and reporting of end of month, and end of year management reporting.
You have a passion for live music and have proven and extensive experience working in a similar role within touring or live music. Your strong budgeting and forecasting skills are combined with your ability to quickly build rapport and work with other internal and external stakeholders. Your high level written and verbal communication skills, combined with your strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, will be essential to your success in this role.
Having formally completed a Bachelor of Accounting/Business (or similar), you will have strong accounting, reporting, and analytical skills, including experience in working with multiple currencies. Experience with ERP’s (SAP preferred) would be advantageous but your strong eye for detail and ability to influence is essential.
If you have all the skills and experience that we are looking for, and this sounds like a great opportunity for your next role – we would love to hear from you. Please send through a resume and cover letter telling us about you and what it is about this role that excites you!
Tour Accountant – Live
Bolstered by a loyal, diverse team of experienced and innovative creatives, the iconic Mushroom Group has been a leader within the global music and entertainment community since its inception in the early ‘70s. From a distinguished past to a cutting-edge present, the future is bright at Mushroom.
Mushroom Group acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.