Full Time, Permanent • York Street, South Melbourne
The Mushroom Finance team is expanding!
The Mushroom Group is the largest independent music and entertainment company in Australia. It’s made up of more than 25 companies, and has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Auckland, London and New York. Still family owned and run to this day, the Gudinski family pride themselves on their love of music, entertainment and the music industry, and supporting established and upcoming artists. Our passion for music and entertainment is unrivalled.
This exciting opportunity has recently been created to join the Mushroom Group Finance team, working with our Merchandising and Live Businesses in a Finance Administration role. The role will also work as part of the broader finance team, and on other companies within the group as required.
The perfect candidate for this role is for an organised administration and finance admin guru who just gets the job done. With a really strong eye for detail, and an ability to quickly turn things around, this role is a great role for someone with a proven experience in roles with a financial and administration focus to join the industry.
The key parts of the role will be:
- Undertake all finance administration tasks including reconciliation of bank accounts, credit cards, coding of invoices, raising of purchase and sales orders (as required)
- Oversight and review of the finance ledger
- Organising and coding of Accounts Payable invoices in preparation for Shared Services team
- Entering of Sales Sheets across the Merchandise Division
- Settlements as required to Venues, Merchandisers and Artists on behalf of the Merchandising division
- Monitoring and follow up of Accounts Receivable (debt collection)
- Timely and accurate processing of financial and non-financial data leading to the provision of high-quality reporting across the Merchandise division
- Finance Administration duties
- Providing proactive communication with the division managers
- Continuing to work with the business to develop the financial and non-financial reporting capability of the Division
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks across the broader Live and Management team
- Assisting the Commercial Manager and Business Partners – Merchandising with finance administration tasks including project setups and invoicing
- Assist with ad-hoc queries as they come up, being the first point of call across the relevant divisions
- Performing reconciliations of clearing and intercompany accounts
- Support the Mushroom Group Finance team through assisting with ad-hoc finance and administrative activities as and when directed
- Maintenance of files and electronic records
If you have previous experience in using systems such as MYOB, that would be an advantage, but if you are tech savvy, love working around numbers and in the detail, and are quick to pick up systems that would be great.
Either coming from a similar type of admin based role, or after completing your studies, this is a great opportunity to join the Mushroom family.
You will need to thrive in an environment where you can think on your feet, easily adapt to changing needs and priorities, and have an Artist First culture. Your ability to remain calm under pressure, and to show initiative and be solutions focused when things don’t go to plan, will be essential to your success.
We are really looking for someone who can hit the ground running. It will be a busy start to 2023 and we are so excited to have the role as an addition to our team.
If you feel that this is a role that you will thrive in and would like to join Australia’s largest independent music family, we would love to hear from you! Please send through a resume and a cover letter telling us about what it is about this role that excites you!